Your Lib Dems Need You!
Newham, Barking & Dagenham are among the most diverse areas in the country and we want our local party to reflect that amazing mix of people. The Liberal Democrats are fully committed to equality & diversity but sadly, too often the people who comprise our leadership may not reflect our communities fully. We believe that to represent a community best, our party should be made up of members of our diverse communities. You can help us achieve that ambition. There are loads of different ways to get involved including as a member of our party leadership. Get in touch using the form below if you want to be involved!
"Upholding these values of individual and social justice, we reject all prejudice and discrimination based upon race, colour, religion, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation and oppose all forms of entrenched privilege and inequality."
- Liberal Democrat Constitution
Leadership Roles Available
Our executive committee is elected every year by our members but this year we did not fill every position. We are asking our diverse membership to join our leadership team now. Here are the roles still available:
- Membership Officer - Responsible for growing our local party and engaging our existing members & supporters
- Diversity Officer - You will be focused on improving representation of diverse communities, making our party more inclusive and develop our community outreach
- Ordinary Member - All of the big decisions of our local party are made by the executive committee. Join the committee and help guide and develop our group
Fill in your details below and we will contact you about these roles. Let us know which role interests you. All officers of the executive committee must be full party members.
What does diversity look like?
Diversity is what makes us who we are and can take many forms. We want a party that is inclusive for all people and represents our community properly. We want all our members and supporters to have a valued place in the party no matter who they are. We are specifically looking to improve our engagement with often under-represented groups in political life. Examples include but are not limited to:
- People from BAME Communities
- Disabled people
- People from the LGBT+ community
If you are a member of any of these groups and would like to get more involved, then please get in touch below
If you want to be involved more but aren't interested in joining our leadership there are loads of ways you may still be able to join in:
- Leaflet delivery
- Phone calls to voters
- Digital campaigning
- Copywriting or translation
- Data management
- Policy creation
Will you volunteer